Sunday, May 25, 2008

Kudlow on rewarding work: insane

http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/ezraklein_archive?month=05&year=2008&base_name=larry_kudlow_pens_the_gop_fall

Ezra writes:

LARRY KUDLOW PENS THE GOP FALL SLOGAN.

We can only hope that the nation's Republican candidates are reading Larry Kudlow this morning:

    This idea of rewarding work instead of wealth is just insane. 

As counter-evidence to my earlier post, the fact of Kudlow's continuing career is the best evidence I know of that conservatives are not only out of ideas, but in fact never had any, and are just experimenting with random sentences that include econo-jargon and references to the stock market.

Ezra doesn't take the cheap shot, but I have no pride, so I will:

Shorter Kudlow: "Obama scares the pee out of the stock markets." 

I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but I've read many times that (not entirely counter-intuitively) the markets do way better under Dem Admins than under GOP Admins.

My Daddy Warbucks/Titan of Industry bud assures me that's not so. I dunno, I'm not convinced that he's aware of the philosophical problems that proof-by-assertion poses.

uh, to put that somewhat less opaquely: he's not strong on using empirical data to prove correlation, his approach is more along the lines of what people have recently taken to calling the Green Lantern school of reality. Me, I'm old-fashioned, I still like the old name: the Tinkerbelle model.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home