Saturday, May 24, 2008

cool stuff: walkscore

http://www.walkscore.com/

(h/t LG&M)

My new apt scores 72.

My ex-apt 15 miles further from work scores 75.

My office bldg scores 100.

Unfortunately, housing near my office building is way expensive and mostly high-rise. [shudders]

As LG&M points out, though, having a commuter rail stop nearby substantially increases the walkability of a neighborhood. My new apt is about half a mile from commuter rail. My ex-apt was about 8 miles from the nearest commuter rail.

Huge improvement old to new, although most of the improvement I perceive is a one-way commute of 18.5 miles (old) v. 3.5 miles (new). The distance, not so much; but rush hour is gawdawful and significantly limited when I could drive to work.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home